HOW DO I REGISTER FOR A MOTORCYCLE CLASS? Or I DON’T HAVE A CLUE WHAT TO DO?
This page was created to help you through the process of registering for a
motorcycle safety class. If you follow the step by step process, you should be able
to register into our classes. To make this process easier, turn on your printer
print this page.
OBTAINING YOUR MOTORCYCLE PERMIT:
You will need your Pennsylvania driver’s license and motorcycle permit in front of
you to begin the process. To obtain a motorcycle permit, study the Motorcycle Operator’s Manual (there is a test to obtain
your permit). Follow link for information on obtaining a motorcycle permit:
CREATING YOUR PROFILE:
With your license and permit in front of you,
- Click on Create A Profile
- You will need to type in your driver’s license number (just the numbers, no dashes)
- On the next line, type your driver’s license number again
- Driver’s license expiration date
- Type in your date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy). For example: If your date of birth is
April 5, 1956, type 04 in the first box, 05 in the second box and then 1956
- If you already have a motorcycle license, click
the next box
- Otherwise, click ‘I have my motorcycle permit’. Enter Permit Driver ID/Number
and expiration date of permit
- Next click the box:
By checking the box I certify that the driver’s license number is accurate. Furthermore,
I understand that the Department of Transportation will prosecute any and all attempts
to provide fraudulent licensing information and I accept all costs.
- Click on “Create My Profile”
2. Complete the mandatory fields on this page.
- Take care that you type your correct email address (double check it to make sure
you have the right one). Email addresses cannot start with www. (this is a website
designation). You will receive your confirmation letter and other important class
information through this address.
- Click on “Create My Profile” button
- You will recieve an activation email. Click on the link and follow the
- If you do not receive this email either (1) Your email address is not correct
or (2) Your email provider is blocking our emails to you. Contact them.
- After activating your account, an email will be sent to your email address verifying
the creation of your profile with your Driver's License # and password
FINDING A CLASS
1. With your profile created, it is time to find a course that will suit your needs.
- On the right side, click on ‘Find a course’
- In the first box, enter your zip code which will show the closest sites to you
- If you would like to see directions to the site, single click on ‘Directions’
- If you would like an approximate map to the site, click on ‘View Map’
- If you would like a complete schedule of the site, click on ‘View Complete Schedule’
2. To find a class that is available, click on ‘Register For A Course’
- Left column ‘Open Date and Time’ indicates dates/times when registration begins
(BRC2 indicates Basic RiderCourse 2, for experienced riders only)
- Next column is the full course number
- Next column has all the dates and times for that class (you must attend all the
dates and times)
- Last column is the number of seats available. (Example: 2 means that 2 guaranteed
seats are available, Alt 1 means that there is 1 alternate seat available)
- If there is availability, the button will say ‘Register For Class’, click on
this button to reserve a spot. If you do not see the ‘Register For Class’ button,
either the class is full or not yet available for registration.
- The next screen confirms your position and is not reserved until you click this
3. After you register for a class
- You will see a confirmation and you should print this out, if possible
- An email will be sent to your email address, also confirming the registration
- Other emails will arrive closer to the class as a reminder
4. To cancel your registration
a. View details of your class
- If you must cancel your class, you MUST do so before the last date to cancel
indicated on your confirmation letter and is usually 3 days before the class begins
- Log onto pamsp.com using your username and password
- Click on “Cancel My Class” in the right hand column.
- On the left side of this screen you can:
b. Cancel your class
- Click on ‘Cancel’ to cancel your class
- You will receive an email confirmation of the cancellation