- 18 years of age or older.
- Valid motorcycle license or endorsement.
- Currently operate a motorcycle.
- At least two years of motorcycle experience. (includes dirt bike experience)
- Your driving record must have no suspensions, DUIs, or revocations within the preceding
seven years. *
- You will need a state police background check. *
- Candidates must be moderately fit, capable of handling mild physical exertion.
- CPR and First Aid certifications are required upon successful completion of a RiderCoach
Before you apply be aware that becoming and being a RiderCoach takes commitment!
You must attend all sessions of the RiderCoach Prep Workshop which is approximately
80 hours over 3 weekends, including daytime sessions on two Fridays.
You must coach a minimum number of courses each year to remain certified.
*Note: If selected for training, you are required to provide a
copy of your ten year driving history and State Police background check prior
to the first day of training. You are encouraged to bring copies of both to the
interview in order to expedite review of your application. If hired you must sign
a waiver authorizing MSP to verify your driving record with PennDOT on an annual
basis as long as you are employed by the program.
* Driving records can be obtained by submitting a DL503 form to PennDOT; the form
can be found at:
* State Police background checks can be done at:
* Both driver records and background checks are easily obtained for a small fee.