Total Control 3 Wheel Riding Clinic—8 hours (1 day) licensing course
Find A Course Near You
NOW FOR FIRST
The Total Control 3 Wheel Riding Clinic (Total Control 3WRC℠) is a hands-on, step-by-step course designed to teach experienced motorcycle or 3-wheel vehicle riders the physical and mental skills necessary to ride safely on the street. The course is conducted in one day and includes both classroom and on-cycle instruction.
Students may provide their own 3-wheel vehicle, proof of insurance and protective riding gear. Students that meet evaluation standards at the end of the course receive a completion card and their Class M license with a “9” restriction. This restriction prohibits operating a 2-wheeled motorcycle.
Brand new riders must take the Total Control Introduction to Riding (ITR) as a prerequisite to cover the basic controls and operations of a 3-wheel vehicle.
A three-wheeled vehicle may be provided, if available, but students may bring their own three-wheel trike, sidecar outfit or Can-Am Spyder. Autocycles such as Polaris Slingshots are not allowed in the course.
YOU MUST BRING:
Protective riding gear including:
- EYE PROTECTION including shields, sunglasses, goggles, or glasses
- STURDY LONG-SLEEVED JACKET or shirt
- WATER or other non-alcoholic beverage, quick to eat foods and lunch that does not require refrigeration. There are very few locations and opportunities to purchase food or beverages.
- FULL-FINGERED GLOVES: closed back, with no holes in them. They must be street-motorcycle specific and/or durable leather. Mechanics gloves, batting gloves, etc. are NOT acceptable.
- STURDY HIGH TOP SHOES OR BOOTS: footwear MUST COVER the anklebone; fabric footwear is not permitted.
- LONG STURDY PANTS: leather, "blue-jeans," or denim only with no tears or holes
You may bring your own DOT-compliant ¾ or full face helmet, or one will be provided for you.